simple deliciousnessThe Sunday Times, Irelands Top 100 restaurants, The McKenna Guide 2016
Our restaurant, seating 30 people, offers our customers a very special evening, starting the six course dinner menu with canapés and aperitifs at the turf fire or in the conservatory and ending with tea/coffee and petit fours in the same comfortable surroundings.
Our menu is based on seasonal local produce, with the majority of our suppliers living within a ten mile radius. We offer local craft beers and a small interesting wine list.
Reservations for the year are taken from 1st March.
Opening hours 2016
- Open 18th, 19th, 20th March 2016
- Easter 24th March to 2nd April
- Weekends, Fridays and Saturdays in April.
- Open Wednesday to Sunday for May and June
- Open Tuesday to Sunday for July and August
- Open Wednesday to Sunday during September
- Open Thursday to Sunday from 14th October
- Fridays and Saturdays from November until the 10th December
Sample dinner menu
- Horn Head Kid Goat
Roast slow cooked Cleggan Goat with saute new potatoes, smoked bacon and red onion marmalade.
- Quails eggs
Feuillete of poached Quail eggs, crisp Boille goats cheese and Hollandaise sauce.
- Pea and Ham soup
Pea and honey Ham salad with pea soup and crispy egg.
- Leitermacaward Oysters & Home cured Salmon.
Crispy oysters with cured Organic salmon, celeriac remoulade and a ginger & garlic dressing.
- Arch Lobster raviolo
Raviolo with Lobster, crab, Scallop and sweetcorn in a brandy cream sauce.
- Irish Rabbit
Loin of Irish rabbit with rabbit spring roll, cous cous, mushrooms & pistachio
- Passionfruit sorbet
- Killybegs Seabass
Grilled fillets of Seabass , saute smoked bacon, red chicory, celeriac and a red wine sauce.
- Greencastle Halibut
Grilled Halibut with a sweet pepper risotto, clam butter sauce & purple sprouting broccoli.
- Butternut squash Raviolo
Raviolo with cous cous, roast spring vegetables and a sage butter sauce.
- Monaghan Duck
Pan-roast duck with sweet potato fondant, green beans and cherry brandy sauce.
- Horn Head Dexter Beef
Dexter Beef steak, pomme anna and mushroom puree with slow cooked shin.
- Arch Lamb
Loin, shoulder and liver of lamb with kale compote, dauphinoise potatoes, roscoff onions & lamb jus.
- Ballyare Pork & Seared scallops
Crisp pork belly & scallops with Black pudding and cauliflower puree.
- Crispy fat chips
- Organic leaf salad with coriander & coconut dressing
- Roast vegetables
All main courses are served with vegetables and a side potato dish. Please inform us of any allergies as not all components of the dish are mentioned
- Full Irish Breakfast
McGettigan's organic pork sausages & bacon, fried free range egg, potato bread, tomato, Clonakilty black/white pudding, mushrooms.
- McGettigan's sausages
McGettigan’s award winning Hickory smoked and Pork sausages with Billie’s homemade potato bread and red onion marmalade.
- Organic Porridge
with whiskey & cream / honey & mixed seeds
with crispy bacon & maple syrup / bananas & maple syrup
- Eggs benedict
- Smoked fish with poached egg
- Poached egg
- Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon
- Vegetarian breakfast
Vegetarian sausage, tomato, beans, fried organic egg, mushrooms and potato bread.
Our small local producers include:
- Thomas Alcorn , Horn Head, Dunfanaghy (Derek’s brother) supplies Lamb and Beef, (Hereford and Dexter)
- Richard Alcorn, Horn Head, Dunfanaghy (Derek’s nephew) supplies Kid goat
- Ivan McElhinney, Dunfanaghy supplies shellfish, Pollock and Mackerel
- An LAN teo, Killult, Falcarragh supplies Organic Vegetables
"The Glasshouses" as it is known locally, is a horticultural project which uses organic methods to produce high quality fruit, vegetables and herbs, made available to the local community through shops, restaurants, and plant sales. The centre includes a one acre Glasshouse, several large polytunnels and an extensive area of arable land. It is run by a community based company; Lárionad Acmhainní Nádúrtha Teoranta (LAN Teo.) ~ Centre for Natural Resources.
- Mulroy Bay Mussels, Mulroy Bay
A family run business supplying mussels for over thirty years.
- Donegal Rapeseed Oil Company Located in Raphoe, Co. Donegal. They are a small, locally owned and operated company in Donegal. Their crops are grown by specially selected, individual, small farm holdings dispersed throughout the county.