The Mill has been featured in many magazines and guides as being on of Ireland's best places to stay and eat, including:
- Best Restaurant in Donegal 2014, Irish Restaurant Association of Ireland
- Best Chef in Donegal 2013 Irish Restaurant Association Awards
- Best Restaurant In Donegal 2011 & 2012, Restaurant Association Of Ireland
- Best Hideaway 2012 Georgina Campbell Guides
- Featured in Bridgestone's Top 100 Places to Eat in Ireland 2014
- Featured in Bridgestone's Top 100 Places to Stay in Ireland 2013
- Rick Steve's Ireland 2014
- The Bridgestone Irish Food Guide 2014
- The Good Hotel Guide 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 - Including receiving a Cesar Award in 2007
- Georgina Campbell's The Best of the Best 2011
- Featured in the Observer's 'Top 50 for under £50' by Desmond Balmer
- Alastair Sawday's Special Places to Stay in Ireland
Below are some quotes taken from various publications reviewing the Mill.
Bridgestones' App 100 best restaurants in Ireland 2014
Value is exceptional, service is excellent and the experience sublime
Georgina Cambell 2011
...discreet service, comfort, character and cosy ambience
Alastair Sawdays's Special Places to Stay in Ireland
The jewel in the crown of many an Irish culinary tour.
John and Sally McKenna - 100 best restaurants in ireland 2009
this is excited, exciting cooking, from a crew who are relishing the challenge of every ingredient..
McKenna 100 Best Places to Stay
The setting of the house by New Lake is blissful...
The Good Hotel Guide 2009
A friendly place in a lovely setting.... remarkable value...
Tom Adair - Sunday Tribune, 2005
High on excellence, the service is unobtrusive, timely and friendly
Michael Walsh - Belfast Telegraph, 2006
one of the best meals I've had in many a year
Walter Stowey - Sunday Times, 2006
Wonderful local ingredients and an enormous talent for combining flavours
Rick Steve's Ireland 2008
A diamond in the Donegal rough
Christi Daugherty - Frommers Ireland, 2008
Deservedly one of the hottest dining destinations in this part of Donegal
Ruth Hegarty - Food and Wine Magazine, 2009
It feels like home...